Desktop Support Technician – Vacancy
Evolve IT Support is a vibrant, growing company offering IT Support and many other services to Education and Businesses between Crewe, Stoke and Stafford.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced 1st/2nd Line Desktop Support Technician to manage a portfolio of school clients onsite on a weekly timetabled basis.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS check.
- Provide onsite 1st/2nd Line Support liaising with school staff
- Build a working knowledge of each assigned customer site
- Offer 1st Line Remote, Phone & Email support when offsite utilising remote support tools and assessing priority accordingly
- Prioritise workload and senior leaders’ tasks and highlight where escalation is required
- Escalate issues to 3rd Line Support and Management where necessary
Technical Skills Required
- Windows 7 & 10 Desktop, Microsoft Office 2010 – 2016, Windows Server 2008 – 2016.
- Group Policy Management, Software deployment in a windows domain environment.
- Basic networking principles such as DHCP & DNS, Switching and WIFI.
- Shared Storage Drives & Printers.
- Hardware diagnosis.
- Apple, iPad and Mobile Device Management (MDM).
Personal Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to liaise with technical colleagues and none technical customers effectively.
- Ability to manage customer expectations with a proven track record of delivering customer service and satisfaction.
- Time management including scheduling of meetings, prioritising workload and delivering none negotiables on time.
- Full Clean Driving License with access to own vehicle
Package and Benefits
- £18 – £25,000 salary depending on skills and experience
- 20 (rising to 25) days annual leave with five years’ service
- Laptop & Mobile Phone
- Relaxed timetable during school holidays
- Progression and skills development opportunities
Hours of Work
37.5 Hours Monday to Friday (usually 0800 – 1600)
- Minimum 2 Years 1st/2nd Line Hands on Support
- Ideally, at least 1 Year experience delivering IT support in schools/education
- Travel required between Crewe, Stoke & Stafford
Please submit a CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org