POSITION: Desktop Support Technician / System Administrator
CONTRACT: Full time
Our very successful business provides ICT Network technical support to many schools within Stoke-on-Trent and surrounding areas. We currently are expanding the business and have one ICT Technician position available within our ever growing company to start immediately.
Working to our high standards the role will entail providing technical support to a portfolio of schools, highlighting areas for concern and implementing network improvement plans in addition to providing proactive regular maintenance and support as required by the school. In brief you will be responsible for supporting all IT user equipment, including PCs, servers, laptops, ipads, mobile phones, audio visual equipment, printers and any new emerging technologies, moving from school to school on a daily basis on a two week rota pattern
The role will also require you to work within the wider team supporting the delivery of large scale projects and sharing knowledge and experience with junior team members.
Provide prioritised technical support and advice to users of all ages – from nursery to adult – in the operation of computers, peripherals and software across both the network and standalone platforms.
Ensure the smooth running of the curriculum and administration networks, troubleshooting servers, networks, PC and Mac & peripheral faults; take prompt, effective action to remedy problems and where appropriate, liaise with suppliers and maintenance companies.
Monitor and sustain all MS Windows including physical and virtual servers and Mac operating systems, ensuring their optimum reliability and performance, including backups, updates, patches as well as the use of Active Directory: allocating resources to users such as printers, maintaining user, public, shared folders and desktops, etc.
Maintain in good working order, all hardware and software; including the functionality of all network infrastructure switches and cabling, renewal and configuration. Perform periodic maintenance reviews as required, replacing faulty HW, SW driver installation and disk image creation, deployment and management, etc.
Maintain Audio Visual equipment including Promethean / Smart Interactive Whiteboards, projectors, display boards and audio systems.
Development of Computer Services
Configure and implement new systems and carry out other enhancements to the schools computer services as directed.
Provide general assistance in the use of new computer equipment and software such as Office, particularly for PC\ Mac and network based solutions.
Keeping up to date with IT developments with relevance to the schools and implement where applicable.
Develop, plan and document procedures, document user guides and work instructions.
Procurement, of all types of IT equipment with the assistance of the team
- Minimum of 1yrs experience in IT/ Desktop/ First line support essential
- Use of all Office suite applications including Office365
- Use of Sims, RM CC4 would be advantageous
- Managing vanilla networks, printer setup, wireless setup troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Disk image creation, deployment and management
- Network infrastructure, cabling and switches would be advantageous
- Server maintenance OS and hardware, including virtual servers
- Mac OS, iPad and phone setups
- Experience working in a school environment would be advantageous
- Relative IT qualification and extensive knowledge of Hardware and Software diagnostics
- Basic knowledge of scripting using Visual Basic Scripts and MS Batch files would be an advantage
- Good understanding of domain management including Group Policy Management, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Server backup solutions
- A methodical approach to fault diagnostics and problem solving with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate IT issues to all age groups with varying knowledge and experience
- Hold customer service as a priority with the ability to develop good relationships and provide consistent quality of service
- Excellent time management and organisational skills for timetabling, appointments, meeting deadlines, task prioritisation
- Good team player with a willingness to work flexibly and support others providing cover for other technicians when required
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently, managing own workload
- Creative and innovative with an open mind and a keen interest in new technologies
- A good record and regard for punctuality and attendance at work
- The post holder may be required to undertake other such duties as may reasonably be required of them in the post.
- Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week. You may be required to work additional hours at short notice (e.g. if network/server is down).
- Usual working day is from 8am till 4pm; the role will require you to be at different schools from day to day on a two week rota pattern in the local area.
- A driving license and own vehicle is essential.
- Benefits include a good salary negotiable on experience and pension
- The successful applicant will require 2 professional references & a DBS check will be carried out.
Please fill in the form below or email email@example.com including your CV to apply for this position.